Friday, November 11, 2011

Eleven Eleven Eleven

I don't have a lucky penny or a rabbit's foot or blow fallen eyelashes and dandelion puffs into the breeze. I've never seen a shooting star and I split a wishbone once, but didn't get the bigger piece. A ladybug has never landed on me and birthday candles appear but once a year. But there's just something about catching the clock when it's 11:11 that makes me smile and send out a tiny hope for something, you know, just in case.

So on this Veteran's Day, Nov. 11, 2011, I wish that you all have a wonderful weekend. I plan on taking advantage of this sunny weather before it dips, drawing out a few ideas that have been swimming around in my head, starting a new novel (Lolita!), and finally watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Here are some links I hope you'll enjoy:

A baby penguin necklace.
Spoonflower's military-themed fabric winner.
A stop-motion video made with 288,000 jellybeans!
Secret message bananas.
Pablo Picasso painting on glass. Watching this is almost like meditation.
Super Mario 3D Land comes to Times Square this weekend.
Why I heart Jimmy Fallon.
A sophisticated 2012 planner.
Flowchart for NPR's Top 100 Fantasy and SciFi books.

Image: Hilda Grahnat

6 comments :

  1. Hey... time to start planning for five dozen day!

    12:12 on 12/12/12!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Jesus! Hah, will we even be around at the point or will the world supposedly be over by then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that the end of the world date? December 12, 2012? And haven't we discussed here that movie, or was that somewhere else? I hear it's good, I just cannot recall from where. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, enjoy Lolita and Eternal Sunshine..2 of my faves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the post.

    No, I thought the world was ending on 21st December 2012? Or, suposedly, anyway. Well, I'm going to plan on still being around, if the world ends in the meantime... Well, I'll deal with it when it happens. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These clocks are amazing! Where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete

Say word.