Sunday, June 3, 2007

Books

With all the free time I unwillingly have, I have been able to indulge in steady reading for the first time in a very long time. I've been able to catch up on those classics everyone should've read by now (either by choice or by force) and discover new authors/topics. I've already added several favorites to my list (such as Catcher in the Rye and To Kill a Mockingbird) and still get that bittersweet feeling each time I reach the last page of a new book.

Book I'm currently reading: Candide by Voltaire. I'm halfway through and if one more thing happens to that poor unfortunate soul (or any more of his friends die) I don't know what I'll do. But I'm thinking I'll probably keep reading and laughing at that fool.

3 comments :

  1. Callate que if you're only halfway, todavia le falta a el pobre Candide on his search for Lady Cunegonde(sp). ~DR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mira have you read " A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius"? It's pretty good... so far...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, it almost rings a bell. Perhaps I heard it in passing or read the title somewhere, but I can't say that I know what it's about. I'll add it to my books to read list. (I have a list for Everything). I'm also starting a book club on here within the next month so stay tuned to find out what the book will be. We'll have discussions here as well.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.